January 10, 2021 – Extended Deadline for Tutorial Proposals
Notification of Acceptance: February 5th, 2021
April 4, 2021 – Full Tutorials Materials Due
The 2021 IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEMDC 2021) seeks to address all aspects of design, operation, control, and systems integration of electric machines, electromechanical actuators, and the controls and power electronic drives that implement their applications.
A diverse portfolio of speakers are solicited for IEMDC 2021:
1) Fundamental knowledge in a particular subfield of electric machines and drives.
2) Emerging technologies of electric machines and drives in either breakthroughs or new applications.
3) Industry skillsets or tools on electric machines and drives with knowledge beyond textbooks or academic papers.
Technical topics of interest include but are not limited to: machines and drives applications in automation and robotics, technical challenges in medium voltage machines and drives, and artificial intelligence applications in electric drives.
All tutorials will be held on Monday, May 17, 2021, either morning or afternoon. Each tutorial is 3 hours long, excluding break times.
One or more of the following elements are strongly encouraged in the tutorial proposals:
1) Industry-led or co-hosted lectures; 2) Interactive instructor-audience approaches, including hands-on; 3) IEMDC 2021 regionally oriented topics; 4) Collaborative cross-disciplinary topics or teams; 5) Other creative topics or formats that engage the audience.
Factors considered as less attractive to the audience are: 1) Narrowly focused topics; 2) Theory heavy lectures; 3) Similar tutorial topics or teams from the immediate past IEMDC, ECCE or other major recent conferences in this area; 4) Solicitation of a particular product or service.
Potential topic areas include but are not limited to:
- Rotating Electrical Machines
- Electrical Drives
- Special Machines, Electromagnetic Actuators and Sensors
- Thermal, Materials and Efficiency Issues
- Condition Monitoring, Fault Diagnosis and Prognosis
- Transportation Applications
- Energy and Grid-Connected Applications
Proposal Submission and Review Process: Please fill out the application form below and email it to email@example.com. The proposals will be reviewed by a panel of subject matter experts.